Area Hiking Trails
Links to Websites and Facebook Groups
Five items to Consider Before You Hit the Trail
- Shoes. Running on uneven and slippery terrain can be exhilarating but also treacherous. Consider wearing shoes with thick treads or adding spikes to your shoes for added traction when walking on unpaved trails. Also, look for breathable, waterproof styles for those trail runs over creek beds.
- Tops and Bottoms. You can use your regular running gear or try gear made especially for the trails. Don’t forget to look for wicking fabrics to keep you comfortable.
- On Your Head. Hats, visors, clavas, and headbands are all great. If you’re going out for an evening run or hike on a trail don’t get caught in the dark! Remember a headlamp.
- Insect Repellent. The bugs will be out especially with the humidity. Be prepared and spray yourself before you go!
- Hydration. Hydration is just as important on the trail as it is on the road. Don’t let the shade fool you!