The gifts are opened and the family is nestled in playing video games, posting their latest holiday photos on social media, and focused in on their newest tech gadget. Why not encourage your family to connect with each other instead of their devices this holiday season.
Make Activities Fun and Have a Plan
We love spontaneous activities but the best way to promote exercise is to have a plan and most importantly, make it FUN! You don’t need to say we’re going outside to exercise, just say you’re going sledding! You can either announce the activity in advance so that the family has an activity to look forward to doing together or you can keep it a surprise. Either way, have a plan! If your exercise requires renting equipment or a venue make sure to schedule in advance so no one is disappointed.
9 Activities to Keep Your Family Moving
- Sledding. All you need is a sled and a hill and your good to go! Walking up the hill or running after your saucer is wonderful exercise! Check out Eau Claire Sledding Hills at Eau Claire sledding.
- Skiing and Snowboarding. You can burn tons of calories with these options! Check out Pinehurst Park, Eau Claire, WI.
- Hike or Snowshoe. Nature walks through Lowes Creek Park or at the very least a walk around the block after dinner is a good idea! Check out Eau Claire area Winter Hiking Trails.
- Ice Skating. Did you know that Eau Claire has Seven Local Outdoor Rinks?
- Make a Snow Fort, Snowman or Snow Angels. You don’t have to go any farther than your own yard!
- Indoor Parks. For rock climbing or a trampoline Park try Action City Trampoline Park and Fun Center.
- Swim. Indoor pools and water parks are a wonderful way to exercise. Visit Chaos Indoor Water Park, Golds Gym, or the YMCA.
- Bowling. If it’s too cold to outside take the family bowling!
- Roller Skating. If you don’t have ice skates try indoor skating at High Roller Skating Center, Eau Claire, WI
Schedule one active family activity each week. Make time to plan activities you would like to try and set a schedule. Include family members in the decision making, if they have a vote they will be more invested in the activity and more eager to participate.
All products featured on Fitness Friday can be found at
Fleet Farm Eau Claire, WI
Black Bat Wings Sled Sale Price $15.99
Snow Sled Sale Price $14.39
Freeride Snowboard Sale Price $23.99
SNO Marker $3.19
Snow Brick Maker $2.79
*kimbentley, LLC does not guarantee the availability of products shown or pricing.