Don’t Pack on Extra Pounds!
Whether you’re exploring close to home and having an adventure far away traveling brings a little spice to life. Traveling can also mean skipping workouts and eating poorly. It’s a good thing the airlines only weigh our suitcases.
7 Tips to Stay on Track While on Vacation:
- Use the fitness center at the hotel or resort you are staying. Many resorts may also offer on-site classes that you can attend! Check out the fitness center as soon as you checked into your room. Know where it’s located, hours open and what equipment they have to offer so you’re ready to start your workouts without any surprises.
- Bring your workout gear! Workout gear includes your shoes, fitness trackers, earbuds and your favorite nutrition. Don’t give yourself an excuse not to work out. If you do forget shoes, some hotel fitness centers now have gear rental; no excuses!
- Check to see if your local gym has a franchise in the area your visiting. You may be able to use that facility for free or at a discounted rate!
- Try a new activity! Are you on a beach that offers paddle boarding or surfing? Swimming, snorkeling, and walking the beach will also help to keep you moving and keep you off your beach towel.
- Walk or run! If you’re in a new area, do some sightseeing on foot. Some cities offer sightseeing running tours so you can see the city and exercise at the same time! Some hotels also supply local running maps, so all you need to do is pick a route!
- Splurge don’t purge. The phrase “You only live once” is nice but if you eat dessert at every meal, and you drink cocktails all day you probably will expand your waistline while on vacation! Enjoy the areas fresh local foods and remember everything in moderation!
- Keep a fun food journal. Journaling may sound like work but if you journal each day about your vacation activities and the meals you enjoyed you will not only be more aware of what you consume, but you’ll also remember more details about your vacation. Read your journal on your return home and it’s sure to make you smile!
Thanks to Holiday Inn South, Eau Claire, WI for allowing us to film in their fitness center. The Holiday Inn South fitness amenities include a pool open 8am-11pm and a fitness center that is open 24/7. The fitness center features equipment which includes treadmills, elliptical, stationary bike, free weights, Bosu ball, and more! They even offer complimentary disposable earbuds if you forget your own!
Here’s to finding your style,™ – Kim