For most of us, getting organized is a great way to lighten the load and the process can be very positive. But let’s face it, the process can also be stressful especially if you find yourself attached to “things”. If you find organizing and purging difficult, I recommend starting with one space or even one drawer rather than trying to tackle an entire room or your entire home at once. Here are some tools to help you organize your closet, your bathroom, and your bedroom!
Tips to Help You Organize Any Space
- Assess your space and decide how you use it.
- Clear out and clean the space whether it’s a drawer or a room.
- If you don’t love it or use it; get rid of it. Then sort items by category or use.
- Add items to the clean space.
- Invest in Organization tools so that everything has a home of its own and you stay organized going forward.
Organize Your Closet
When I grew up my closet was literally the width of a 2 1/2 foot door. It had a single pole to hang clothes and a shelf above it. That was it! Today we are so lucky to have hundreds of options to help us organize even the smallest of closet spaces. I recently remodeled a standard depth bedroom closet that’s just shy of 6′ wide. It’s not as tiny as my closet growing up but definitely not a walk-in closet either!
- Take advantage of adjustable organizers that include rods and shelves. Customize the unit to the size of your closet. I used this unit at my lake home.
- Add Baskets to store (and hide) extra items like an extra pair of sheets, blankets, and pillows.
- Store and organize accessories in separate bins and baskets or lucite organizers. Give things home so you can find them!
- Use felt hangers to save space on your closet rods.
- Use shelf racks to utilize floor space and to keep shoes and boots, hats, and handbags tidy and in their place.
SHOP the POST
Organize Your Bathroom
There’s something about finding your toothbrush and toothpaste in a clean space in a clean bathroom drawer that begins your day in a positive way! Begin organizing your bathroom by tossing out anything you no longer use, or that’s outdated to make space for bathroom items you really need. Once you use the top 5 tips to organize, you can get organized!
- The Carousel (or lazy susan) is my all-time favorite organizing tool. The carousel organizer makes it easy to find what you’re looking for and it’s a great use of space!
- If you have minimal counter space, a tiered shelf will give you more space for your most-used and hopefully your prettiest items (think of cotton swabs in pretty dishes and pretty soaps and lotions).
- Pretty Boxes keep items hidden in plain sight. I keep all of my makeup hidden in a decorative box on my counter.
- Baskets are a great way to store any items and tuck them away using floor space or tucking them away in cabinets.
- Clear zip bags can store makeup and keep other essentials organized and easily seen within drawers.
SHOP the POST
Organize Your Bedroom
At our tiny lake home, our bedroom is adjacent to the living room so my nightstand needs to look pretty. To help hide clutter, I use vintage trays and pretty boxes to conceal necessities. I also recommend a nightstand with a drawer and shelves to keep things easily accessible and neatly tucked away. You can also use a storage ottoman at the end of your bed for extra pillows and blankets.
- Nightstand with a drawer and shelves with doors. This gives you plenty of room to hide vitamins, books, reading glasses, and charging cords.
- Decorative boxes give a discreet home to medication or anything you want to hide in plain sight.
- Jewelry dishes and Trinket Trays are convenient places to store jewelry at the end of the day.
- Pretty coasters to set a drink.
- Storage ottoman or bench.
SHOP the POST
I hope this post helps you get organized and more importantly, stay organized in a stress-free way!
Here’s to finding your style,™ – Kim
* When someone purchases items through an LTK influencers link, the influencer earns a commission. Many influencers/bloggers (kimbentley included) are part of LTK platform app RewardStyle because it offers a convenient way for followers to purchase the favorite items we share. ♥