Having gratitude has been proven to increase happiness. When you listen to your heart and realize what truly makes you grateful, you come to know your true self better. You realize that there is always something to be grateful for, even on your worst days.
Taking a moment each day to realize what sparks joy or what makes us laugh out loud because we are so happy. These are the things we should notice. These are the moments we want to bring more to our life. These are moments we need to document by writing them down. That’s where the Gratitude Box comes in.
How the Gratitude Box Works
Each day you write down what you are most grateful for. Feed your soul by simply documenting a moment that made you smile and that made your heart sing. Once you’ve written your gratitude, place the slip in your Gratitude Box.
- THE GRATITUDE BOX. I like the idea of a decorative gratitude box because it can be placed anywhere in your home; even in the plain sight of guests. It can be in full view and it serves as a reminder to be mindful and present in times of joy and happiness.
- You can have a family gratitude box or each family member can have their own. It’s entirely up to you and what works best for your family. However, I do believe that having a moment together to be grateful and write your gratitude slip is beneficial but it can be a solitary moment as well.
- The size of the Gratitude Box can vary. It can be large enough to hold a month or a year’s worth of gratitude slips at a time. ♥
Decorative Boxes You May Like
- GRATITUDE SLIPS. Make the process simple and have your Gratitude Slips ready inside the box. I’ve made printable versions for you. Just CLICK HERE and print.
- Write down moments that made your day. Moments that you grateful for, moments that made you joyful, or moments that made you laugh. I recommend adding the date to the slip and if it’s a family gratitude box, initial the slip too.
- THE PEN. Your gratitude ritual should be special. Have a pen that glides well, that feels good in your hand, and that’s pretty. Store the pen in the gratitude box so it’s always handy. Believe it or not, one of my favorite pens is a bic. It’s not beautiful but I love how it writes it comes in assorted pretty ink colors!
Pens You May Like
Once you begin adding gratitude slips, you can decide how often you would like to read them. Maybe it’s once a week or once a month. Maybe you read them as a family or in solitude. Either way, looking back at all of the slips is a good reminder for everyone in the family of the abundance that fills our lives.
Here’s to finding gratitude,
My Style and Decor