Are you already beating yourself up for what you did or didn’t do during Thanksgiving week? Frantic holiday shopping, wrapping, and baking, rushing to and from holiday parties and programs, and sifting through wishlists and examining your budget can be grueling. Finding solutions to help us stay on track through the entire holiday season is important. It’s also the perfect time to practice being present instead of just buying presents.
3 Tips to Guide You Through the Holidays
- Exercise. Exercise relieves stress and helps burn excess calories.
- Accountability Friends. Enlist the help of a friend to exercise with you.
- Schedule, Register, Commit. Keeping up with your regular schedule can help you stay on track through the holidays and beyond. You will be more likely to attend your classes if you register in advance.
- Extra Steps. Find ways to take extra steps during the holidays.
- Beat the New Years Resolution Rush. Don’t be afraid to start an exercise program by joining a gym or studio in December to beat the rush of New Years Resolutions in January.
- Breathe and be Kind.
- Be Present and Breathe. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the holidays. Happy moments are happening all around you if you. Take the time to notice! Remember, standing in line at a register and being grumpy isn’t going to make the line go any faster. Be Jolly!
- Be KIND. Not everyone has an easy time around the holidays. Give the gift of a smile or some other random act of kindness like opening a door or helping someone carry their packages. Participate in the Kindness Challenge Giveaway on kimbentley Facebook. Post to win a $50 Visa Money Card!
- Healthy Calories. Mindless snacking throughout the day, week, and month can add up. Choose the holiday snacks that mean the most to you. Indulge if you must but be mindful at the same time.
- Bring healthier versions of your favorites to holiday gatherings.
- Drink water to help keep you feeling full.
- Be mindful of random snacks throughout the holiday season.
Local Gift Ideas for Eating Healthy and Being Present.
Midwest Meals – They make healthy eating simple! Holiday Gift Package includes a Gift Card for 5 Midwest Meals, One Oh My Spice seasoning and on Chip Magnet Salsa for only $29.99! CLICK HERE for details.
Happy Holidays! – Kim